Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Getting closer... and bigger!

Can I just start by saying that whenever I think I cannot get any more uncomfortable... you guesses it! I get even more uncomfortable. I am now 36 weeks pregnant and I am not even going to tell you how much I weight but it's a lot! I can tell you that my belly is now 49" round and sweet baby Lucas is quickly running out of room. Sometimes I fear that he is going to kick his way out of my belly any day now.


I am still working full time; which is not too bad and at least it keeps my mind busy. I don't think I could stay home just waiting for "something to happen"... it'd drive me insane!!! I am planning on staying home sometime in the middle of April and just nest. My mom will be here on the 13th and I can't wait to spend some quality time with her and just let her take care of me. I sure hope Lucas waits for his Abuela to get here before he does; I've always imagined the birth of my first child with my husband on one side and my mom on the other.  

Lucas' room is now ready and just waiting for him... my only worry (as far as preparations) is that Tyler and I have not decided on a diaper bag. Can you believe it?! He does not want anything "that looks like a purse" and I don't want a "daddy diaper bag"  cause they are not very cute. Maybe something like a tote would work for both but we have not found one that we can both agree on. My mission is to find one by the end of this week so I can get it ready. We are also open to suggestions if you have one.

We went to see the doctor this past Tuesday and she said that everything looks great. She also said that I am 1 centimeter dilated but baby has not dropped enough... however that can happen any day... Or I can be walking around on 1 cm for weeks! We have to go next Friday (04/10) for our next appointment and also an ultrasound. The doctor will be measuring the baby and get an estimated weight. We can hardly wait to see him make sure everything looks good. We are now seeing the doctor every week until the baby is born. 

Symptoms this week: Heartburn after pretty much every meal; sleepless nights - I believe this is God's way to get us ready for what's coming. Also, I have to pee a lot; I believe my bladder has little room so I have to go more often. Tiredness, very tired at the end of the day especially; it takes a lot of energy to get up and down and move around.  I get very hungry at times but I also get full fast; this probably due to the fact that my stomach is crowded in a corner with little or no place to expand. I also get hot very often and at night (maybe from all the tossing and turning) which means our house is a freezer and Tyler walks around in sweat pants and a sweater... he does not complain though; I guess he knows better hahahaha.

Speaking of tired... I am now going to bed to try to sleep. I toss and turn and when I am finally asleep I have to change positions which means that I wake up then I realize that I am hot and throw all the covers at Tyler (who is covered up to his neck)... after that I have to get up and pee and then start all over again; by the time I've done this a few times is 6:30 am and I have to get ready to go to work... ugh!

I'll be blogging again pretty soon - I have to tell you all about my baby shower and post pictures. 'Till then please pray I don't go crazy or in labor before my mamma gets here. LOL!



 

1 comments:

MMm&m said...

I will always be a huge fan of Vera Bradley...that's what Maegan's bag is.
www.verabradley.com
I personally vote for the "Night Owl", "Calypso", or "Cupcakes Green" print (under "Signature" link on left). They've updated their babybag. Maybe Tyler would like them too!