I know it's been a while but I can finally update you on what's going on in our lives... Wow! It feels like forever since I last posted; also it feels like I have so much to say but not really LOL!!
So, my dad came to visit us in September; we picked him up in Atlanta and drove to Durham, NC to see my aunt and uncle. We had a great time with them! We didn't do much but hang out; I think that was the nice thing about that trip. Here is a picture of us eating outside after a cookout...
The last day, right before we left, they gave us a sweet present. It's our baby's first outfit. It's for Christmas next year and is conveniently green in case baby is a girl we can girly it up with a red or pink top and a cute pair of shoes ;-) So here it is a picture too..
After leaving NC we went to Atlanta to watch the Braves play the Phillies; which turned out kind of cool now that they won the World Series. We had a great time. This was my dad's first MLB game so he was very excited taking pictures of everything. We came back to Pensacola and spent a few days at the beach; it was nice and warm and the water at a perfect temperature. My daddy sadly left two weeks later but we really enjoyed his visit.
We are now 15 weeks pregnant and I've been feeling sooooo tired and with no energy whatsoever. I never got morning sickness (Praise the Lord!) but I spent a lot of time sleeping. It really felt weird because that's very unlike me. I'm normally running around and finding things to do but not the past few weeks. I felt asleep in the couch EVERY time we sat down to watch tv, I was going to bed early and almost falling asleep at work (LOL!. Also I've been VERY hungry. Not like "I think I'll have a snack" kind of hungry but STARVING hungry; every 2 to 3 hours I just want to eat whatever is in front of me. I had to go to the store and we went to the Farmer's Market and got a bunch of fruit, yogurt, cheese, and others so I can snack freely.
Since this past weekend I feel a lot better... more like myself. I have more energy and I still get hungry but it's not so bad. I think is 'cause I'm now on that 2nd trimester (Thank you Jesus!!) Finally cleaned the house like it needed it to be. Tyler has been such a great help; he has let me sleep when I need to and has been really good about quick and not so good meals. This past Tuesday he got home with bags of groceries and cooked for me... Yes, you read it right Tyler COOKED!! He made Fettuccine Alfredo from scratch. It was so delicious! He's just great... He helped cleaned the bathrooms and pick up around the house. I'm so thankful :-)
We have our next Dr's appointment on Nov. 5th. We'll get to hear the heartbeat and make sure that our little "Peanut" is growing healthy. I know he's growing cause my clothes let me know... shopping anyone?! So I promise I'll be posting next week with new updates on baby and ultrasound pictures.
That's all for now... I will have to post pictures of our trip to Tallahassee this past weekend for the football game. Here is a picture we took about two weeks ago at a friend's wedding at the Pensacola Yatch Club. 'Till next time...
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Posted by Susana M Kepner at 8:58 AM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
This post is something different; my sister-in-law tagged me on this fun game. 10 of my Husband's Favorite Things. So here it goes...
1. His Saviour - My husband Tyler loves God; this is actually one of the things that attracted me the most to him. I love to see him worship every Sunday with that beautiful voice the Lord has given him.
2. Me/Us - Our relationship has gone through some pretty rough times, and yet we have always managed, with God's help, to keep going and stay strong. Now that we are expecting I just love how he puts his hand on my belly and says "I love you and our little peanut." I like it when he says that I look super cute or that he loves my smile (braces and all hahaha)
3. FSU - Even though he did not go to FSU (his dad did) he loves the Seminoles. He sits and watches the games and screams at the t.v "go baby go!!" or "get that ball!!" he honestly thinks the players can hear him. I think he likes football in general cause he can pretty much watch any game at any time. I do love watching him scream at the tv hahaha
4. 24 - That men looooooooves that show!! To the point of obsession... but that's all I'm going to say about that.
5. Toys - This includes the PS3, the bike, the truck, the riding lawn mower... you get the picture. He can spend ours with any of the listed above.
6. New Adventures - Tyler loves to travel and see new places. He loved Costa Rica when he went the first time. We also went in December 07 and the list of things we wanted to do was to big to accomplish but we did go canopying (zip lines), white water rafting, to the rainforest, waterfalls, and others. He also loves theme parks like I do and tries all the rides with me.
7. Seafood - Specially shrimp; but he loves other stuff like crawfish, crab, mahi-mahi, lobster, etc etc etc. Thanks to him I have tried and liked few things.
8. TV - I know I mentioned 24 earlier but that show is a whole category on its own. Tyler also loves to watch other shows as Prison Break, Lost, Without a Trace, and many more. We watch tv together and normally try to figure out the shows.
9. Singing - This should probably go as #3 0r #4 but Tyler loves and enjoys singing. I know he would do it more often if he had more time. He sang for me in our wedding (sniff!) and he sings for me all the time.
10. Family - This is last but no least! Tyler is very family oriented. He knows I am very close to my family and respects that; but we also enjoy spending time with his family. The weekends we try to see my sister-in-law, her husband and our niece. Almost every Sunday we go to his parents' house for lunch. I love that about him...he is always open to spend time with family.
Okay, that's 10 of my husband's favorite things... and I have to say that I love ALL that about him. Now I tag Martha, Tobi, Christy, and Liz... you're it!!
Posted by Susana M Kepner at 4:29 PM