Friday, December 12, 2008

Halfway there!!!

WOW!!! I can't believe we are 20 weeks pregnant already! It seems like few weeks ago that I took the pregnancy test and I could not believe my eyes when I saw a positive. As you may already know, we are having a boy and we are very excited! I have picked out a few things I want for the nursery and we are trying to clear out the "office" so it can become the baby's room.

One of our biggest issues right now is trying to pick out Peanut's name. We have a top 5; however, Tyler's top 5 is a bit different than my top 5 so it's more like a top 8 hahahaha. We need names that both families can pronounce and that go well with our last name. Also, we are going to register our child as a Costa Rican citizen so Peanut will have Kepner Mendoza as last names... yes, we keep both father's and mother's last names. We are reading Baby Names books but haven't found "the one."

Even though Peanut has no name yet; we are very excited about picking the color for the room and decoration. We bought a wonderful crib and changing table; we also have been lucky to get our niece's (Ella) baby stuff like a rocking chair, pack-n-play, high chair, and many other things that we will find out about when we get them from my mother-in-law's house.

Since I haven't taken any pictures that really show my belly, I wanted to post this little picture (from babycenter.com) that let's me know each week the progress of our little one and what he "look like this week."




We will have a busy January getting Peanut's room ready as much as we can. We are flying to Costa Rica in February and need to leave with as much done as possible. My mom is going to throw us a big baby shower while we are down there. We are also going to the beach for a few days... gotta love summer in February! It will be a nice time with my family.

So, that's the update for now... I promise I will take some pictures of the belly soon and post them. I hope everyone is having a great time getting ready for Christmas and remember the real meaning of this time.

Much Love,

Susie (& Peanut)

0 comments: