Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

Hello to All!!! Hope everyone had a good long weekend and happy 4th of July. We had a great time with family during this holiday. First we went to P&J's house for an "All American" lunch. Burgers, home-made ice cream, chips, dip, fruit, lots of good desserts. After lunch we played Buzzword; this was such a fun game to play with the family. We laughed and laughed and laughed... At around 6:30 we went downtown for a picnic and fireworks. I loved the fireworks; they seems to come up with something better every year.

Saturday we went to the farmer's market downtown and bought some fresh (and cheap) veggies... also a plant and 1/4 lb of fudge... that was the best part hahaha. We also had brunch at the Coffee Cup and ran some errands in the afternoon. We had a great time just hanging out and not doing anything particularly especial. Sunday we went to church and then to lunch at the in-laws' house where we again had lots of food and dessert.

Over all it was a great weekend full of good food, and great company. Hopefully next year I can celebrate this holiday as a US citizen... I have decided I am going to apply for citizenship next month and since it takes the government 6 months to approve (or deny) then I'll have plenty of time to think about it. (I'll post detail of the application later)

I have nothing against this country; it's just not the place I grew up in, not my native language, not my flag, not many other things. However, it is where I live now, where I work, have a house, and most importantly it is where my husband is from; his land, flag, people, language, etc.

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." (Gen. 2:24) This is a great country, a place where we have decided to live our lives and have our family. Unless we hear from God that He wants us to move, here is where we are going to grow old 'till death do us apart.

There are test I have to take to become a citizen, but nothing too crazy or that I haven't done before. I'll keep you posted with my "Becoming a Citizen" Adventure... for now, we are thankful for this country and its people. We also pray for the upcoming election and the future of this country that sets an example for the other countries in the world. If you can vote, please do so... you have no right to complain unless you vote.

This is all for now... here is a picture of the two of us downtown... not very good but the only one we took.

0 comments: