Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Fever!!!

Beautiful day today in Pensacola, Fl... it just makes you want to get out there and do some gardening or planting or something! We have a big front and back yard which need a LOT of help... The idea of getting out there and plant sounds great, but actually doing it requires a lot of effort in our part. As Spring starts to show its colors I can't help but wonder What is this year going to be like? Many times I find myself thinking about the future and what's in store; however, this year is different, is like I am waiting on something to happen; but, is it going to happen? will it be this year? No secret for anybody the economy in this country is going down hill, gas prices in the rising, the news every morning with bad reports, and to top all that Election Year... don't we ever get a break? These thoughts have been in my head since early last week, and my mind is so busy with some serious non-stop thinking about the future that I forget this is Easter Week (or as called in Latin America: Holy Week).

As I spent my morning at church yesterday I start feeling in my heart what I've known all along but decided to ignore: I have no control over the future. Really, when I say I am leaving something in God's hands... am I really doing it? Or, am I constantly trying to help God? Like he doesn't know what exactly it is that I need. Who am I to think for a second that God can possibly need my help or my guidance on what I need/want? After all, we are talking about the "person" who gave ALL in order to give ME a better future. Does that really make sense? I mean, would you give your ONLY son/daughter to save humanity? HE DID... and yet, we forget... so many times, for so many reasons we forget.

I pray this Easter is different in my life; that I can truly see and understand that GOD IS IN CONTROL. He always has been, even when His Son was hanging on the cross He knew that was what it needed to be done so we would have everlasting life. Like the song "Who Can Satisfy" says :

"Who can satisfy my soul like you
Who on earth can comfort me
And love me like You do
Who could ever be more faithful and true
I will trust in You
I will trust in You my God"

I am done!!! I am done waiting, worrying, thinking, and "helping". I don't want to worry about the future and forget about the present and the wonderful things God is doing in my life. After all, if something great does happen this year it will be because that's how God planned it and surely not because of me.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 (New International Version)

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen, Susie! You've put into words some of the very things that have been on my heart as well. Praying that we'll both just let God be God in our lives! :)